January 11, 2012

NATE HALL: USX Mainman To Release Solo Record This Spring Via Neurot Recordings


USX guitarist/vocalist/wordsmith Nate Hall will release his first solo record this Spring via Neurot Recordings. Titled, A Great River, the ten-track opus offers up a lush landscape of sonic richness. Recorded in March 2011 by Travis Kammeyer at Fahrenheit Studio in Johnson City, Tennessee, A Great River features the pastoral artwork of Dark Castle's Stevie Floyd.

Commented Hall on his latest musical journey: "This record was something I needed to do. I didn't really plan on it, but it helped me to get rid of a lot of bad dreams. Feelings that pulled me down. Things that I would not carry around with me anymore. It helped me to put the past behind me. Now I can look to the future."

A Great River is as pure and honest as music gets. The songs are regretful of the bad times, hopeful of times to come, and respectful of the great power that causes all thing to be. It is a reflection of a lifetime spent with the echoes of Dylan, Young, Petty, Springsteen, and Van Zandt. It draws from the rich musical history of America, the melancholy of Appalachia, and harnesses the 'electric vacuum roar' of guitar slingers past and present.

A Great River Track Listing:
01. The Earth In One Cell
02. Dark Star
03. Kathleen
04. Night Theme
05. Chains
06. To Wake And Dream
07. Raw Chords
08. Electric Night Theme
09. When The Stars Begin To Fall
10. A Great River

A Great River will be released in the UK on May 7, 2012 and the US on May 8, 2012 via Neurot Recordings. For review copies, interview requests and further info, contact EarsplitPR.

Neurot Recordings News Archive

Search the Neurot Recordings Blog